Privacy and Cookies
The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR). This legislation will replace current data privacy law, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligation to organisations holding your personal data.
One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means we must give you even more information than we do now about the way in which we use, share and store your personal information.
At Beckenham Therapy Rooms we take your data protection very seriously and have subsequently outlined how your data is protected. We are registered with the ICO and the Data Protection Officer is Shereen D'Alberto 102a Bromley Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 5NP.
How do we process your personal data?
We do not ever sell or give out your data to any third parties.
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date: by storing and destroying securely: by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data: by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the purposes set out below.
1. We use your name, telephone number and email address to make and rearrange appointments. We are unable to send or receive encrypted emails, so you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be fully protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software.
2. We use your name and email address only if we have explicit consent to send you marketing materials.
3. Some patients and prospective patients tell us about their medical conditions and medication by email or an online enquiry form. We are unable to send or receive encrypted emails, so you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We will monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send us is within the bounds of the law.
4. We keep a permanent attendance register which records all appointments for patients attending our clinic to keep a record of when you were treated for tax purposes and to secure potential evidence in the event of a criminal prosecution, civil litigation or insurance claims.
5. We keep accident records for any Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) to comply with the law and to secure evidence in the event of criminal proceedings, civil litigation and insurance claims or complaints.
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, StatCounter, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow StatCounter to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use a third party service to host our website. For more information please see https://www.virtualtapestry.co.uk/privacy.php
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared:
With our insurance company in the event of a complaint or insurance claim brought against me; or my solicitor in the event of any investigation or legal proceedings being brought against me.
All Therapists are governed by their own respective professional bodies and are all responsible for their own patient notes. Please contact your therapist for more details.