Acupuncture in Beckenham, Bromley & Croydon
Acupuncture is thought to have originated in China at least 2000 years ago where it is still used to today. Over the last 20-30 years acupuncture has become more and more popular here in the UK as people realise it’s effectiveness for many health problems and as more research is conducted validating its use.
The treatment itself follows a detailed consultation with the acupuncturist who will ask you a variety of questions about your medical history and your general health and well being.They will also examine your tongue and palpate your pulse to gain further insight into your overall health status. Once this has been completed, the acupuncturist will insert very fine sterile needles into specific points on your body, which are surprisingly painless. Once inserted the needles are left in place for approximately 30 minutes while you relax.
Acupuncture is widely recognised for its ability to relieve pain and is very effective for neck and lower back pain, sciatica, knee pain, tennis elbow, headaches and migraines. Common complaints seen by acupuncturists in the clinic include:
- Fertility (Male & Female)
- IVF / ICSI / FET Support
- Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovaries
- Painful Periods, No Periods, PMS, PMDD, Hormonal Acne
- Recurrent Miscarriages
- Hot Flushes / Night Sweats
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Lower back pain, Sciatica, Arthritis, Neck and Upper back pain, Knee pain, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel
- Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Headaches, Migraines
- Hayfever, Sinusitis
- Facial pain, Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Thyroid problems
- Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression, Stress
- IBS, IBD, Crohn’s, Colitis, Bloating, Constipation
Fertility Acupuncture & IVF Acupuncture
A number of studies have shown that acupuncture improves IVF success rates and many couples have acupuncture to improve their fertility if they are having difficulty trying to conceive.
Acupuncture is being recommended more and more by IVF clinics. By combining western medicine and acupuncture with nutritional advice patients are giving themselves the best possible chance for a successful pregnancy and birth.
Acupuncture can be used to help specific concerns such as endometriosis, dysmenorrhoea, polycystic ovaries, pelvic inflammatory disorder and many more.
The use of acupuncture can also be very helpful in pre-conception care, treatment can:
- regulate the menstrual cycle
- help stimulate ovulation
- increase blood flow and circulation to the uterus
- enhance and aid reproductive health
- support and assist in all the emotional aspects of any form of infertility treatment
- enhance male sperm and motility